Job Title: Product Manager – Life Sciences
Position Summary: Reporting to the Sales Director, the Product Manager – Life Sciences will oversee all aspects of the introduction and support of the Calibre Scientific Life Science products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily (other duties may be assigned). Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Working closely with the Calibre Scientific partners and suppliers, the Product Manager – Life Sciences will explore new and existing products available from Calibre Scientific and partnered suppliers to provide detailed strategy to introduce and expand these products into the North America.
- Analyze and define product market needs to grow and expand the portfolio offered by Calibre Scientific in both Canada and US.
- Research, define and support the sales staff with new and expanding markets within the Life Sciences industry.
- Offer expert level knowledge and market support for sales staff for all Life Science products.
- Ability to research and refine large data sets of products sales and existing markets to support sales efforts with accurate sales targets including product placement and promotional strategies for high-demand inventory.
- Collaborating with suppliers and supply chain management, staying in constant communication of product lead times, while educating sales staff on product availability.
- Working closely with the Calibre Scientific Sales Director, the Product Manager – Life Sciences will organize, manage and implement all product training sessions both in house and from vendors to the sales staff at Calibre Scientific North America.
- Working closely with the Marketing Team, the Product Manager – Life Sciences will create, review, edit and implement technical sales data sheets for all Life Science products.
- Support and plan all promotions to be communicated by the sales staff and marketing team.
- Develop Sales in Quebec, Ontario and North East of US to reach growth targets.
- Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Structural / Molecular Biology and/or biochemistry from four-year college or university
- 1-2 years in Life Science product sales and support.
- Experience with: Protein purification, NGS, Sanger Sequencing, qPCR, Protein/Antibody Production.
- Knowledge of cell and gene therapy is an asset.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be:
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications
- Expert skills in spreadsheets and word processor usage
- Adept at reviewing data and extracting meaningful performance indicators
- Hubspot and SAP experience an asset.
Certificates and Licenses: Driver's license