Full-time - Peterborough, ON
Position Summary: Reporting to the Marketing Manager & Sales Manager, the Product Manager – Life Sciences will oversee all aspects of the introduction and support of all Life Science products added to the Canadian Life Sciences (CLS) portfolio.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily (other duties may be assigned). Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Working closely with the Calibre Scientific partners and suppliers, the Product Manager – Life Sciences will explore new and existing products available from Calibre Scientific and partnered suppliers to provide detailed strategy to introduce and expand these products into the CLS portfolio.
- Analyze and define product market needs to grow and expand the portfolio offered by CLS.
- Research, define and support the sales staff at CLS with new and expanding markets within the Life Sciences industry.
- Working closely with the Calibre Scientific technical managers, the Product Manager – Life Sciences will create, review, edit and implement technical sales data sheets for all Life Science products added to the CLS portfolio.
- Offer expert level knowledge and market support for sales staff for all Life Science products added to the CLS portfolio.
- Ability to research and refine large data sets of products sales and existing markets to support sales efforts with accurate sales targets including product placement and promotional strategies for high-demand inventory.
- Collaborating with suppliers and the CLS supply chain management, staying in constant communication of product lead times, while educating sales staff on product availability.
- Working closely with the CLS Sales Manager, the Product Manager – Life Sciences will organize, manage and implement all product training sessions both in house and from vendors to the sales staff at CLS.
- Working closely with the Marketing manager, the Product Manager – Life Sciences will support and assist the addition, segmentation and back-end keyword filtering for all products added to the CLS webstore.
- Collaborating with CLS supply chain management to support and plan all promotions to be communicated by the sales staff and marketing team.
Bachelor’s of Science Degree in biochemistry and/or chemistry from four-year college or university and 1-2 years in Life Science product sales and support.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies.
Conflict Resolution: Confronts difficult situations. Encourages open communications. Keeps emotions under control. Maintains objectivity. Uses negotiation skills to resolve
Business Ethics: Inspires the trust of others. Keeps commitments. Treats people with respect. Upholds organizational values. Works with integrity and ethically.
Delegation: Collaborate on work assignments. Gives authority to work independently. Matches the responsibility to the person. Provides recognition for results. Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities.
Problem Solving: Develops alternative solutions. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Identifies problems in a timely manner. Resolves problems in early stages. Works well in group problem solving situations.
Adaptability: Accepts constructive feedback. Adapts to changes in the work environment. Changes approach or method to best fit the situation. Manages competing demands.
Communications: Exhibits good listening and comprehension. Expresses ideas and thoughts in written form. Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally. Keeps others adequately informed. Selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
Dependability: Commits to doing the best job possible. Follows instructions, responds to management direction. Keeps commitments. Meets attendance and punctuality guidelines. Responds to requests for service and assistance. Takes responsibility for own actions.
Job Knowledge: Competent in required job skills and knowledge. Displays understanding of how job relates to others. Exhibits ability to learn and apply new skills. Keeps abreast of current developments. Requires minimal supervision. Uses resources effectively.
Quality: Applies feedback to improve performance. Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Displays commitment to excellence. Looks for ways to improve and promote quality. Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Quantity - Achieves established goals. Completes work in timely manner. Meets productivity standards. Strives to increase production. Works quickly.
Safety & Security – Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines. Observes safety and security procedures. Reports potentially unsafe conditions. Uses equipment and materials properly
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Read, analyze and interpret business, professional, technical or governmental documents. Write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, customers and the public. Working knowledge of/Fluency in the English language (spoken and written) French is an asset.
Add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Compute rate, ratio and percent, and draw and interpret bar graphs.
Define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be:
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications
- Expert skills in spreadsheets and word processor usage
- Adept at reviewing data and extracting meaningful performance indicators
- Web Content Management platform knowledge – WordPress / basic CSS/HTML an asset
- Sage CRM & 300ERP experience an asset.
Certificates and Licenses: None
Supervisory Responsibilities: Support 5-10 employees
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Performs work in indoor conditions, 100% of the time.
- Work will be predominately done remotely.
- Required to travel to the Peterborough Office of Canadian Life Science 25% of the time.
- The level of noise is moderate (general office and warehouse distribution).
- This position requires working with office equipment, and computer equipment.
- Ability to travel internationally is required.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is frequently required to stand and sit.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
Applications by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.