Quick Coomassie Stain
QUICK COOMASSIE STAIN
Developed and manufactured in the UK by Protein Ark, the Quick Coomassie protein stain offers unrivalled performance up to 50 times more sensitivity than other rapid stains.
Simply immerse the gel in stain (25 ml for standard mini gels) and protein bands appear after minutes. Most staining is complete within 15 minutes and fully stained after 1 hour. Store in DI water after the completion of staining. No destaining step needed, no organic solvents, no phosphoric acid, and no cloudy precipitates.
• Rapid staining - Protein bands appear after minutes - Fully stained after 1 hour.
• Highly sensitive - 5 - 25 ng bands resolved.
• Accurate protein quantification - Low background - Linear staining range.
• Reusable - Stain up to 3 gels without reduction in contrast
• Storage - Shelf Life 18 mths at 2-25°C
Single 1-Step Protocol
- Remove the gel from the cassette and place gel into container.
- Cover gel with 25 ml QC stain and leave for minimum 15 minutes or until all weak protein bands are fully developed.
- Store the gel in the QC stain overnight.
- Then, either leave in QC stain or transfer to DI water for gel storage.